Monday, October 2, 2017

October is National Bully Prevention Month ~

October is National Bully Prevention Month.

Although we are always reinforcing the 'Golden Rule' (treat others the way you want to be treated) throughout the year, we like to do a special presentation in October on this topic.

Coming soon to a school near you..............

The Bully Busters!


During the month the students will get a special visit from the Bully Busters who will read a story to them and talk about ways to be kind, be a friend, as well as what to do if someone is bothering you or a friend.

Added this year will be posters in the hallways made by some of our 1st and 2nd grade students. A few students came together to help plan which books the Bully Busters will read to each grade level, as well as create signs for our hallways.

Please take a minute to review the following questions/information with your child(ren). It can help foster conversations about what they think a bully is, how they can help themselves and others, as well as a great way to promote leadership within your child! 
 
What is a bully?
A person who leaves others out on purpose
 
 A person who wants to harm others
  
A person who says unkind things to others
 
*A bully can hurt us with their words, bodies and actions*
*A bully is someone who bothers you over and over again*
 
How can I stop a bully?
I can use my words and ask them to stop
  
I can walk away
   
I can tell an adult
  
I can be a friend to others
 
Do I ever bully?
Do I hurt others by what I say?
  
 Do I make others feel afraid? 
 
  Do I try to leave others out?



Germ experiment...........

I did an experiment to help show the kids how quickly germs can spread from our hands to other items........and why it is so very important ...