Tuesday, September 18, 2018

October is National Bully Prevention Month ~

October is National Bully Prevention and we are always lucky to have the Bully Busters fly in for a visit! Not only will they be visiting Miller and Craddock, but they will also be reading a book and sharing ideas on what to do to solve our problems when someone might be bothering us, not being a good friend, or really being a bully.

We are also going to try something new and different this year. Listed below are the dates and themes for the month of October:

Oct. 2nd ~ Give Bullies the Boot ~ wear your boots
Oct. 8th ~ Don't Let Bullies Put a Lid on Your Fun ~ wear a hat
Oct. 15th ~ Show Bullies it is Okay to Be Different ~ wear mismatched clothes or inside out clothes
Oct. 22nd ~ Show Bullies How to Be Kind ~ write a kind note to someone
Oct. 29th ~ Show Bullies Your Super Power ~ wear a cape, a hero shirt or the favorite colors of your hero


What is a bully?

A person who leaves others out on purpose repeatedly (over & over again)
  A person who wants to harm others repeatedly (over & over again)
  A person who says unkind things to others repeatedly (over & over again)
  
How can I stop a bully?
I can use my words and ask them to stop
I can walk away
 I can tell an adult
 I can be a friend to others
 
Do I ever bully?
Do I hurt others by what I say?
Do I make others feel afraid?
 Do I try to leave others out?






Germ experiment...........

I did an experiment to help show the kids how quickly germs can spread from our hands to other items........and why it is so very important ...